Sunday, November 26, 2006

Poker

A bunch of us went over to Bob's last night to watch the Notre Dame vs. USC game and play cards. Instead of playing tournament style texas hold'em, we played a cash game, which is played very differently and it took me a while to change my strategy. The nice thing is that you can buy-in throughout the night, the downside being it takes a cap off how much you can lose in a given evening. People play the game way differently when it's for real money. I was down about $60 before things started turning around for me and I gained a better handle on how to play. I ended up breaking even for the night, but for a while I was taking a beating. Eli ended up being the big winner for the night, which is rare for him, so I let him soak in it.

While we played cards, Cathie, Dana and the girls hung out at home and the girls put on a dance show for everyone. Our girls have been big on putting on these kind of performances lately. During Thanksgiving, we were treated to a couple different shows. They can be improv-acting with no ending or apparent plot, karaoke-dance routines or game shows. I think it's somewhere in the "good parenting handbook" that you have to watch the show and applaud at the end, even though the end may never come.

After going to bed around 2am, I got up this morning around 6am to head over to Best Buy in Ann Arbor. A friend of mine had given me the "inside scoop" that they were getting a bunch of Nintendo Wii's in and thought that if I got there early enough, I could get one wtihout a problem. I got there around 7 only to see that lots of people had the "inside scoop" and had camped out all night. I turned around and went back to bed.

No comments: