Sunday, November 26, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We normally go and get our Christmas Tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year, Susan's kids chose to get sick and get everyone else sick and Kevin decided that he loves basketball more than family so we ended up not going as a family. Instead, we had fun going Christmas Tree Shopping with our friends the Niemi's today. The kids ran around while we searched for a tree that didn't look like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree.

The place was a kind of a "Mom and Pop Shop" and the tree selection was pretty horrible, but we both found trees. Normally when we go tree shopping there are six inches of snow on the ground and we're all bundled up against the cold. It was weird cutting down a tree in short sleeve shirts, but I'll take it when I can get it.

We found a tree (nicely hidden behind us), dragged it out and tied it to the roof like a dead deer. My lights are up and I've got a tree, all in 60 degree weather - not to mention another 28 days of shopping ahead of me.

3 comments:

Rays Family said...

Nice title Dave!

Unknown said...

We found out after the fact that whatever kind of tree we got drinks a lot of water. The instructions told us to check it four times a day?? It'll be lucky to get checked once a week.

Anonymous said...

"I'll take it when I can get it" that line makes me giggle. Like the word "Duty" After kids I now know how true that line is.