Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Receiver

I've got my new receiver setup and I'm in love. Deeply. I had to gut my entire AV system which consisted of a rats nest of wires. I finally pulled my 300 disc CD changer off my rack since I haven't used it in the two years since I've had my MacMini running my Audio. My new receiver allows me to switch all of my video with component and HDMI and it will actually pull the audio off the HDMI channel instead of having to run separate audio and video signials. When cleaning up my system, I pulled out 20 different AV connectors out of the mix and I feel like I had a digital enema. The sound quality is phenomenal, the interface is simple and I love the way it uplifts my RCA and S-Video inputs up to component video. It took me another hour to reprogram my Harmony 520 Remote and I'm back in business.

It reminds me of what we talked about at our junior high youth group on Tuesday: Stuff. "The stuff you own ends up owning you."

No comments: