Thursday, January 25, 2007

Xerox


I've worked at Xerox for ten years and it's a far from perfect company, but I'm very proud of this place. Xerox has a social leave program that employees can apply for. Xerox pays these employees salaries for a year while they use their work place skills to help non-profits make the world a better place. They've also recently given 122 scholarships to minority students for technical studies.

We've been in a turn-around for the past few years when things were pretty ugly. Our CEO Anne Mulcahy has done an amazing job turning things around while keeping the company motivated. We just reported our earnings and we're getting continued positive news from Wall Street (with the exception of a few naysayers).

Anyways, I like working for Xerox. I wake up every morning looking forward to doing my job.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

suck up! LOL

Anonymous said...

kiss ass!

Unknown said...

Alright, it could seem like I'm just a giant kiss-ass, but I really do like this place and I'm pretty proud of where it's come. We were the red-headed step child of the industry for a while and it's nice to be leading the pack. I genuinely like this place and the stuff we do.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is weird! I was looking at my paster, Noel's blog & found a reference to Dave who worked for Xerox. I wonder... Yup it's you all right. You may remember me as the bearded IT director at M$L.

Glad to hear you are doing well, I thought Xerox was among the best of our technology vendors.

You always were a suck-up though... ;-)

Unknown said...

This has got to be the one and only Gary D. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

Good guess Dave! Glad I saw the link to your blog over on Noel's.

Been retired nearly 4 years, now I'm working at becoming a better Christian, it's harder than IT!

Great blog! Say "Hi" the the X-team for me.

Gary

kensue356 said...

My husband is retiring from Xerox and I would love to get some information about the experience that Xerox retirees are having with the health insurance. I called Aetna to try to find out about the benefits for Xerox retirees and was told that I had to sign up for their insurance before they could tell me what coverage we had! Then I called Xerox Facts to talk to HR and they told me I would have to call Aetna to get details about the benefits! So I am between a rock and a hard place. Ideally I'd like to find a blog for Xerox retirees. Do you know where I can find some answers?

Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Since I'm not a retiree, I have no idea. Sorry!