Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Eve

Last night we had most of my family over for New Years Eve. The Dan/Kris family were there, The Kevin/Sooze family, our family and my Dad were all there. Everyone got here around 7 and we ended up getting to sleep about 2.

Around 10pm the kids decided to put on a show for us. They sang and danced to four different songs for us. The video's pretty darn funny. I'll post it later.


My Dad was the real hero, playing cards with the the kids for about four hours straight, while the rest of us

Kevin taught us a fun game with scrabble pieces that goes pretty quickly and doesn't use a scrabble board. I'm not much good at it, but I was able to get some big points by twice using the combination of Eh and Ho to double-use the letter H.

We had all sorts of interesting drinks - from Jello shots (tequila/lime, vanilla stoli/orange, coconut rum/rasberry), a peanut butter, jelly drink and one that tasted like a red tootsie roll pop. We had enough food to feed a small army with everyone bringing different appetizers and desserts, including guacamole. I'm not sure exactly what Cathie and Sooze are doing in these pictures, but it had something do with the fact that old Guacamole looks a lot like baby diarrhea. I know Cathie's going to love this picture.

As you can see from the picture below, my sister Susan wasn't happy when Ben kept getting out of bed, but at least Ben got to bang in the new year. My friend Nicki told me a while back that her family would always bang pots and pans on their porch for New Years. I thought this was the goofiest tradition in the world, but it turned out that Cathie used to do the same thing as a kid. At midnight, all of the kids have their pots and pans ready to go, but it was raining too hard and even

Another tradition that my nephew Matthew has always loved is his new years eve kiss from his Aunt Susan. Maybe it's the hair on her chin-mole that tickles Matthew that he loves so much, but we this is one tradition that Matthew never misses out on.


You can see the pictures here in the Kurt Family Photo Album.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: