Sunday, December 31, 2006

Pursuit of Happyness

Cathie and I went on a date the other night and saw the movie The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. I can't remember the last time I walked out of a movie that drained and down. The movie ends on a high note, but you spend two hours watching Will Smith's character, Charlie Gardner take hit after hit. You spend so much of the movie willing things to go right for the guy and it's exhausting. The movie is great in that it puts life in perspective, things like having a hot water heater and dryer go in the same week for instance. You walk away reminded of the plight of the poor and how the smallest things can help. Good flick, but take a Xanax before you gou.

4 comments:

Jon said...

I'll beat Dan to the punch...Why would you have a "hot water heater"? Do you really want to warm already hot water?

Sarah said...

I have heard a lot of people say similar things about that movie. I recommend "Little Miss Sunshine". You'll love it, especially if you liked "Napoleon Dynamite".

Unknown said...

I've got little miss sunshine next in my netflix queue. didn't you go see it instead of going to church or something?

Sarah said...

Yep. We skipped Christmas Eve service. We went to church Christmas morning instead.