Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Proud Dad Moment


I set Nate and Maddie up with e-mail accounts to teach them how to use e-mail responsibly and so that they can send me notes I'm traveling. I got two e-mails from them today:
Dear Dad,
I love you a lot. I cant wait till you come back! I miss you. I'm writing this to you because well I don't know! Do you ever get lonely when your on your trips? well I love you. Bye. love, Maddie

Hi dad,
I miss you. Where are you at right now?Can you send pictures with emails?I love you. You are the best. i HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT TWILIGHT PRINCESS COMES TODAY!!!!!!! Cross your fingers for it. BYE!!!!
Sincerely
Nathan

I was checking their e-mail accounts tonight and I found this e-mail that Nate had sent to Maddie:
Dear Maddie,
I love you in every way possible. When I see you I say to myself what a good sister!
you're an awesome sister . Yes I know we may get in fights at times but still you are the best! Once again you make my heart warm when I am near you. Also I love you very much.

Sincerely,
Nathan
I know my kids aren't perfect, but gosh I'm proud of them.

8 comments:

Dan said...

I remember when we were growing up I used to send you and Jon e-mail's like this. This is where Nate & Maddie must have learned it from. Susan was too young to use the computer.

Noel Heikkinen said...

What's the Twilight Princess and why is your son so excited about her...um...arrival?

Anonymous said...

GOSH ???

Unknown said...

Twilight Princess is the new Zelda game.

Dan, I think I got a note from you once asking me to leave because i was diverting attention away from you, which as the oldest child, was your birthright.

Jon said...

Nate's email to Maddie was 90% very sweet and nice and 10% creepy.

Unknown said...

Jon, Kids don't have the dirty mind that you do on this kind of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Did you notice the great spelling from both of them? I was their teacher and I give myself all of the credit, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Thats called "spell check"