Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chiropractor

At the recommendation of my friend Kirk (voted the top trainer in Michigan by Men's Journal), I went to see a Chiropractor yesterday. I've got a spot on my back that keeps popping out of whack when I workout and it's happening more and more frequently. I've always been of the mind that Chiropractors are nuts. Lots of people I know that use them seem to be really defendant on them to solve all of their problems, most of them non-skeletal, and then move on to not vaccinating their kids and hating antibiotics.

I went their yesterday, the doctor X-rayed my back, showed me what was going on (right around the T-4 vertabrae) and did some "adjustments", which translates to him cranking on my neck and spine to put whatever was out of alignment back into alignment. I've got to go three more times over the next two weeks in addition to having Kirk give me some exercises to strengthen this area. Between those two things, the claim is that it should go back and go back for good. Could all of this been diagnosed and fixed by a regular MD? Probably. We'll see how it goes after a couple of weeks.

10 comments:

Dana Kidder said...

stupid antibiotics

Jon said...

When the chiropractor can't fix it will you next go to see a witchdoctor?

Unknown said...

Isn't that the same as a D.O.?

Jon said...

Nope, a witchdoctor is one notch above a vet.

Rich said...

So where did “Michigan’s” top trainer get his Sports Med, OT, PT, DO, MD degree from Devry? He does have one of these degrees, right? Or did he go to Gold Gyms Academy for pumping u up…

I love how you call the Quack a “Doctor”. Ya, your in deep.. So the “Doctor” can read his own x-rays, no need for those pesky Radiologist (an MD).. I see your now on the maintenance plan… I’m sure after you 24th visit this time next year you will be singing the “Doctors” praises.. I bet he didn’t even stay in a Holiday Express last night….

rudi said...

welcome back Rich...welcome back!

Unknown said...

I should have referred to him as a "Doctor".

And Kirk has his masters in exercise physiology. I guess Amy has enough degrees for hte both of you.

Rich said...

Thanks Fats… (Rudi)

You did refer to him as a doctor…..

And yes, Amy has enough degrees for the both of us.. However, unlike Jon I have my own too…..

Jon said...

Rich, between Beth and I there is an MD and a PHD. Seems like you and Amy only have one MD.

Anonymous said...

Jon...but since beth has both of those, I don't think it counts!