Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Emily!


My little Emily is growing up and turns 6 today. Here are a few things you might not know about Emily:
  • She loves animals more than anything. She wants to be a zoo keeper or a dolphin trainer when she grows up. She originally wanted to be a veterinarian, but my friend Brad was able to squash that dream quickly for her.
  • Emily is in kindergarten and reads everything she can find, including chapter books. She loves writing as well and will occasionally write us long notes when we've hurt her feelings, made her mad or when she really wants something.
  • After breaking off a branch that was whacking them everything I'd push Emily on the tire swing, she explained to me, "Dad, when you broke that branch, you broke my heart."
  • She has two imaginary friends that occasionally show up - Shana and Shawna. I wonder if they know my nephew Matthew's imaginary friend Lelelelele?
  • Emily's favorite color is pink and her favorite kind of food is Ramen Noodle Soup, the meal of champions.
  • Emily is one of the laziest children I know.
  • We all think Emily is going to be in sales someday as she is a master negotiator. If I offer her one piece of candy, she will try and negotiate up to 5, starting at 7 and working her way down. Even knowing this, it's amazing what she gets away with and the deals she tries to cut.
  • Emily's soccer league starts this week.

No comments: