Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Air Conditioning

Our air conditioning started flaking out this week. Today was an especially great day for it with 90+ degree weather and 100%+ humidity. Nice and comfortable. My air conditioner wasn't cooling down the house and the pipes would ice up when I'd run it. Trying to save a buck, I did some research online and tried replacing the filter and unblocking the condensation drain. It didn't fix it. My fear was that I was going to have to replace the whole unit, but after spending $240 for 15 minutes of service, I had some more coolant added in and everyting is back and working again. While the unit had frozen up, some of the coolant had leaked out. Apparently, replacing your filter more than once every couple of years is somewhat important. Had I done that, I'd be $240 ahead of where I'm at.

3 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

Well, not technically $240 ahead. You would have spent $5 a year on filters.

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Should've called Jeff, one of his close friends own a heating a cooling company. Would've cost you $45.00 - 90.00. Been there, done that!

Unknown said...

Dangit.