Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend

Cathie and the girls got home from Chicago on Thursday night. After Nate and I were solo for the week, it was strange having them back. The girls came back with lots of words and loud voices with lots and lots of words. It sounds mean, but after it being just Nate and I hanging out, it was a pretty radical shift.

I finished my parking lot duty this week for Panthers football, and I'm glad to have it done. I ended up missing some of Nate's scrimmages over the past few days because of the parking lot stuff, but Nate's coach filled me in afterwards. Nate's been playing Corner and Safety on Defense and it sounds like Nate's been popping guys out there in a way that surprised the coach. Nate's one of only 4 new guys on the team and he's had to work twice as hard to catch up with where everyone else is at. For being only 75lbs, Nate's really holding his own.

We had the Kohne's over for dinner tonight. The Kohne's are neighbors of ours with three kids as well. Mark and I have worked together for the past three years, Nate and Maddie are great friends with their youngest two kids and their oldest, Haley, is involved in our church's junior high youth group and went to camp with us this summer.

Today we're taking our Sabbath. After a busy week, we need a day to catch up, rest, recuperate and hang as a family. No errands, no chores, no friends over - just hanging out, doing a family movie night and getting some much needed rest after a crazy week.

No comments: