Thursday, August 02, 2007

Simpsons Movie

Will and I went to see the Simpsons movie last night. It was phenomenal. The movie opened up making fun of suckers like us who go see a movie based on a show you can watch 400 episodes for free on TV. One of my favorite parts was where Marge taped a goodbye video to Homer. In order to show she was serious, she explained that she'd taped it over the only copy of their wedding video. That was funny, to me.

On August 22nd, Cathie and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. About 6 months into things, I wasn't sure we'd make it that far. When we'd received our wedding video tape from a friend, i pushed in the write-protect tab instead of popping it out. Mistake. We had Cathie's boss at Big Brothers/Big Sisters over one night to our 400 square foot married housing apartment and we showed them our video. I never took it out of the VCR. Normally this wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, I had Star Trek, The Next Generation set to tape and it recorded over our ceremony. Wow. Bad move. Horribly bad move. Nothing like making your new bride sob for a while.

For our 1 year anniversary, I had a friend help me reconstruct a video from a bunch of people's movies (of our wedding) and came up with something that was so-so. We laugh about it now....

No comments: