Thursday, September 20, 2007

My TV is fixed


The guy came at 7:30 this morning to fix the TV and we're good to go. Apparently the bulbs on DLP TV's last about 2 -3 years or 5,000 - 10,000 watchable hours. Since we bought the TV in 2002, the guy showed me that had the TV on for 9,756 hours. Mind you our macmini is hooked up to the TV and we use it as a home entertainment system for pictures and music - but that's still a LOT of time. An embarrassing lot of time.

This is probably the first time I've fasted from TV for a week as we waited for the repair guy. This being a crazy week at work, I found myself working at night. Even last night when I wrapped up with work, Cathie and I were both sitting in front of our laptops instead of hanging out together. The good news is that the TV is fixed in time to play Halo 3 next Tuesday.

1 comment:

Jon said...

What I take away from your experience is life is barely worth living without TV. And I should buy a spare
DLP television for when mine goes out.