Sunday, September 30, 2007

Paintball

IMG_4681IMG_4684
We had a beautiful day for our 15th annual Crossroads Youth Group Paintball outing. What made it even better is that for the second year, Nate's been old enough to play as well with me. After doing this for so many years with other people's kids, it's so much fun being out there with Nate and doing this as a father-son activity. The best part for me is working with the fifth and sixth graders who play. They're all new enough and scared enough that they just need a little coaching and direction. We formed an unstoppable mob. Nate and I ended up with lots of welts, which Nate wears like badges of courage. We had a huge group, around 40, and did the event with two other youth groups in the area, giving us over 70 people total in our group.

Cathie was over at the Girards making Apple Cider, so I helped Nate pick out his clothes for paintball - trying to find some thick enough pants and shirt that might minimize the pain. Apparently I picked out his brand-new school shirt and only pair of dress pants. Nate was kind enough to try and take all the blame for me, but Cathie somehow re-directed it back to me. Oops.

1 comment:

Jon said...

If Nate wore a school uniform like they do at charter schools you would have known.