Friday, October 26, 2007

Evidence, cont.

I happened to have a conversation tonight with the guy I referenced in this earlier post about the exact same topic. He asked me about the stuff I do with my youth group, and his comment was, "I knew there was something different about you. I wondered if you were a Christian, aside from your intense sarcasm and all." The conversation went down a great path and he even asked me if based on my interaction with him, would I know he was a follower of Jesus. In a very vulnerable moment, he shared with me how he wrestles with not compartmentalizing his faith and his job and how as he's moved up and up, it becomes tougher and tougher. He said God has really been challenging him in this area and he wants to figure out how to bring his faith and his job together. We agreed to have a follow up conversation and he asked for honest feedback, even if it wasn't something he was going to like. God always surprises me with stuff like this.

No comments: