Saturday, October 06, 2007

I'm Back

I was able to get back on Thursday night from New York instead of Friday. Northwestwanted to charge me about $500 for the change of ticket and then I explained to the agent how Northwest had stuck it to me me pretty regularly over the past month, stranding me and making me late for various meetings. He got me the ticket. Unfortunately, all of the other guys I work with out of Michigan weren't able to negotiate the same kind of deal and ended up staying over one more night.

On Friday morning Cathie and went out to breakfast at Angelos in Ann Arbor, home of the greatest eggs benedict and deep fried french toast. Nate and I went out and picked out Gabe's birthday present while the girls went shopping for Emily's friend's birthday present. It took Nate and I about ten minutes and the girls almost two hours. Gabe's an easy kid to buy for. We just have to think what Nate would like and it pretty much transfers over. We got him a hunting-slingshot, ammo, candy and a Spiderman shirt. Nate and I came back and played some more Halo 3 online and in cooperative mode. We're both hooked on this game. On a regular basis i'm just in awe of the quality of the graphics and gameplay. For the record, I smoked Nate five games to nothing in Slayer mode.

Maddie and Em are marching in the Pumpkinfest parade with their Girl Scout and Brownie troops. We've got the State game on at noon and then Nate's football game later today. My brother Jon and his girls are in town and coming to Nate's game as well. After the game we're heading to Lansing to hang out with my family and remember the one year anniversary of my Mom's death.

No comments: