Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What time is it?

Whenever I travel, I go through unnatural acts to stay at a Hilton property. I've got diamond status and they treat me well. One of the things I love about Hilton's are there alarm clocks. They're big, they're easy to see and almost impossible to screw up. They're so good that you can actually buy them online, and I probably would consider it - until today.

Apparently, you can't change the time on these without a screwdriver and a PHd. I was heading to bed, looked over and noticed the time was wrong. I went to set it and couldn't figure it out. I called the front desk with a dumb question, and they told me they'd have to send maintenance down to set my clock. I explained that I was in bed and it might be easier to just share with the secret code with me to change the time. The maintenance guy explained that you need a screwdriver. He came down and it took him almost ten minutes to change the time. Guess I'm not buying one of these.

After re-reading this, I'm thinking this could have been one of my least-interesting posts ever.

3 comments:

Dana Kidder said...

no no...maybe it could be a series...

rudi said...

If it didn't have the words 'one-way' or claim to have fathered all of the kids in your neighborhood... it's not the least interesting post ever.

Unknown said...

Your one-way post was damn amusing, if not the post, then very much the comments. I'm surely not receiving the name "the martin luther king jr of one way streets" off of this post.