Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Kurt Family New Years Eve

Sozan MontanaSusan and Cathie's Pinapple
My sister and her family ended up showing up 2 hours early because of a "huge storm" that was supposed to hit at 7pm (Cathie hates it when people show up early). She then proceeded to be odd. Odder than ususal. We had a great night with lots of the family being there (Kris was home with a sick Steve-O and Maddie and Em were with Cathie's parents).

Shabadu Rocks
Incidentally, I am a far better guitar hero player than my nephew Matthew. I let him win the first round to make him feel good and then smoked him afterwards to show him who the boss is.
Kev and Bender RockinPlaying Golf
We spent time playing all sorts of games, including Guitar Hero III and a bunch of card games. Two of the players figured out a way to include Jagermeister shots into the game as well. We also hung out watching old photos from ten years ago that I'd had converted from negatives. We noticed a number of sweaters and shirts that both Dan and Dad still have. We established the rule, "If you still own any article of clothing that you see in these pictures, it's time for them to go."

Dad and Dan's Cookies
We all brought an hors doeuvre, a drink and a dessert. Dan is normally known for wowing us in all of these categories. This year, he either decided to phone it in or else without Kris being there, he had no inspiration. Luckily, my Dad followed suit and repackaged cookies that Kris had made for Christmas and brought them along as well.




Dad with the Jon Hat
We had what we called the "Uncle Jon" hat (named after my brother who chose not to be at our family new years celebration). Throughout the evening, every time someone would say something stupid or inappropriate, they would have to wear the hat. You'd be amazed (or if you've spent time with my family, not amazed) at how quickly the hat changed heads.





New Years Drums
We closed out the evening watching an anamatronic Dick Clark, Fergilicious and a motorcycle jump on ESPN. We then followed a South Lyon tradition (according to my friend Nicki) and went out and banged pots and pans when the clock struck midnight. For the first time, Gabe got to stay up until midnight (he took a 3.5 hr nap today) - and even my Dad made it up all the way to midnight. Dan and the boys rolled out of there around 12:45ish, just as the snow started.

Kevin and Dave Playing Halo 3Everyone headed to bed around 12:45ish and Kevin and I stayed up playing Halo 3 on Legendary mode. We kept going, and going until around 5AM we decided we need to go to bed. After joking about the pending storm all evening, I looked outside and saw about 8 inches of snow. I told Kevin and his response was, "yeah, right....whoah. we really do." We woke up this morning to 12 inches of snow.

1 comment:

Sooze said...

At first, I thought the picture of me with the wig on, was showing my cleavage.

Then I realized, a.) I don't have any to show and b.) thats just my hand all twisted weird like..

A girl can dream, can't she?