Monday, March 03, 2008

The Willaca Wedding Reception

Cathie and Dave
Ahhhh - the reception! I've been anticipating this party since the beginning of the engagement and it didn't disappoint! The food was good, the beer fantastic and the party was even better. It was this fantastic intersection of all of these circles of friends - my friends from church, my friends from Xerox, and the friends from other aspects of my life - all intersecting with Will. I also got the chance to spend time with Will's family, including his Dad and step-Mom, brother Tom and wife Brandi (who was also the photographer).

Cathie and WillDave and Monaca
We did lots of dancing at the wedding and Cathie and I even cut in on Monaca and Will for a quick dance, where I tried not to step on Monaca's toes.
Cathie, Maddie and EmNoel and Dan
As Noel explains here, he took the opportunity to wear this goofy tie that Dan brought him back from Korea (a place Dan loves almost as much as Noel does).

Kevin and SoozeJon and BethDan and Kris
Weddings are one of the few places you'll see Kurt's dancing, and dance we did.
Dan and Brandon/Napoleon DynamiteDave and Thor Strong

There were two celebrity sightings at the wedding - Napoleon Dynamite (Brandon the Riverview Mandolin Player) and Thor Strong. Yes - THE Thor Strong. Thor and his wife Brenda (she introduced herself to me as Electra, since it sounds more like the name of someone married to Thor) were Will and Monaca's pre-marriage counselors at Riverview. I pictured Thor to be slightly bigger (6'3") and wearing viking horns.

1 comment:

Sooze said...

I thought you said Electra's name was Barb?