Monday, April 07, 2008

Garbage Day

Ignoring my wife's advice, I decided to wait until this morning to put my trash out. I got back from my workout at 7:30 and found that the trash man had already come and I was left with the possibility of a week's worth of rotten garbage in my garage. When the kids were leaving for school, my kids spotted him on another block in the neighborhood, so I ran over and talked to him. I told him that I'd screwed up and ignored my wife's wise council and asked if as a fellow man he could save me from my own mistake, to which he agreed.

I went home, took a bottle of wine, put it in a gift bag and wrote a quick thank you note to the guy and put it out by my trash. When I returned my trash was gone and so was the wine. Hopefully he didn't toss it with the rest of the stuff.

2 comments:

Jon said...

With the quality of wine you drink, could he tell the difference between it and garbage?

Unknown said...

Jon,
I know that you believe that your "Wine in box" in classy, but I think it's time to take a step up... You can borrow some of Dad's three-buck-chuck from Trader Joes.