Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring is in the air

What a great weekend. Spring was here. Em spent the night at a friends on Friday night and Nate and Maddie had friends spend the night on Saturday evening. It was a weekend of grilling and having the windows open as the kids played outside. They went on bike rides, hung out in the hot tub, played hockey, volleyball and ran around until they were whooped.

I spent the day outside getting our yard cleaned up - cleaning off the deck, clean out the flower beds and cleaning up 5 months worth of previously snow covered dog poop. I was truly amazed at the amount of dog poop there was in our yard. Why doesn't this stuff just disinegrate?

I used my innate lawn and garden skills to diagnose a really bad case of grubs. The good news with the grubs is for the animals in the woods behind us. They raccoons, possums and moles are having a blast shredding my lawn. I put grub stuff down every year and apparently it does squat.

Eli, Brad and I were going to go to Riverview to see Noel teach today, but it fell through, mostly because I'd forgotten about our church building's grand opening today. We had our grand opening at church to a packed house, with some old faces coming by, which was cool to see. I'm sure it's in the bible that God wants them to kick in some retro-active tithe action to pay for the building we're now it. I'll have to ask Noel to help me proof-text that one as part of his money series.

No comments: