Thursday, May 22, 2008

Going the Distancce

I'm still running. Today I ran the farthest yet, about 5 1/2 miles today in 48 minutes, about an 8 1/2 minute mile. In addition to going to Kirk's twice a week and the gym twice, I'm running about three times a week, changing it up pretty frequently. Some days I'll do a shorter distance with sprints in between jogs and other days I'll go for distance. I've dropped about 10 lbs, which I'd previously fooled myself into thinking was all muscle weight when I would step on the scale. Em went for a bike ride the other day and I ran with her, doing about four miles of starting and stopping. The fun part was the conversation along the way.

1 comment:

Brenda Hively said...

Dave - congrats on catching the running bug. I started running a little over a year ago and really enjoy it. Andrew and I just did our first half marathon last weekend in Cleveland. If you ever want to talk running - I could bore someone for hours. Ha, ha! Anyway, if you decide to do any race events don't miss the Crim in August in Flint. It is a blast! Keep running. - Brenda