Thursday, May 08, 2008

Jawsey

Ken Buck loves Obama
After my meetings today in downtown Phili i headed across the river to New Jersey to visit the Bucks (and Chris aka the Mighty Might Afro (now afro-free), the Buck's own personal troll (Jess part 2)). Miles, Ken and I walked up to Bobby Chez's Crab Cakes and got some phenomenal food (Lobster Mashed Potatos and Giant Crab Balls, creamed spinach and an Asian salad made with broccoli that apparently gives you wicked gas). You bring the food back and quickly heat it up and it's fantastic. Ken spent most of the time talking to me about his purpose driven live small group guide and how the whole Purpose Driven series counted as "Source Text".
Ken Buck loves Obama
Chris, Kathy, Ken, Miles and I walked up to turn me on to this amazing treat pronounced by those in Jersey as "Waterize" (sounds like Cauterize). i had no idea what we were getting until I saw the sign, after which I still didn't really know. It's basically a snow cone and is not bad. When you turn it into a Gellati it becomes a little taste of heaven. They mix the Water Ice in with the creamiest custard in the world and it rocks. We walked around the city some more and then went back and talked Obama with ken, kathy and Chris.
Dave loves Water Ice
I had a great time hanging with the whole crew and seeing where the Bucks go Buck Wild. It's a cool little city, totally different from South Lyon. They're within walking distance of a very cool town and it is just radically different than the suburbia that I'm used to. Miles is getting huge and is at that fun age where he just laughs and laughs and has unlimited energy.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Funny, I always thought crabs had pretty small balls considering their size. Learn something new every day.

Unknown said...

That never stops being funny to me.. I made at least ten jokes about that yesterday.