Thursday, July 31, 2008

Concert

DTE Concert with the Kohnes
We went last night with some of our neighbors, the Kohnes, to DTE Music Theatre to see Finger 11, Staind and 3 Doors Down. It was a last minute thing with someone backing out and it sounded like fun. I'm not a huge fan of any of the three bands, but it turned out to be a good time.
DTE Concert with the KohnesDTE Concert with the Kohnes
The concert was the ultimate in people watching (including Diane, with her WRIF tattoo). I think the picture of the woman in the pink boots and the guy in the guy in the wife-beater say sit all. I had no idea there were this many fans of 3 Doors down, or any of these bands really. The place was packed with people of all ages, sizes and shapes.

I knew a few songs from Finger 11 and Staind and more from 3 Doors Down. At one point, Mark and I figured out a way to bet on it, by picking the over-under on how many songs I knew. I've been to a lot of concerts, and in terms of sheer number of people smoking pot, this far outweighed Pink Floy, Rush, The Who or the Rolling Stones.



No comments: