Sunday, November 30, 2008

Impromptu Shinn Bash

Jay and JessJason Shinn was Crossroads first paid youth pastor and Jess was our first unpaid part-time Youth Pastoress (or priestess?) With the dream of someday having their own summer-getaway beside an express way drainage ditch, they moved to Ohio. When they made the move, part of the deal was that we would have huge parties for them at a moments notice whenever they come back into town.

I miss having Jay around. He and I have similar loves of mockery and cinema and I like being able to just hang out with Jay and soak in his cynicism.

My girls were in heaven. Jess lived with us for a year and she is like a big sister to them. Jess came face-to-face with the consequences of her oddness being passed down to both of my girls. It's amazing how much one year can twist two little girl's fashion senses and senses of humor. Besides Jess, my girls other favorite people and baby-sitters were there, like Tiff and Katie. I love having my kids grow up with a group like this.

Saturday was no different except that this was a costume party. Stephanie Lyons was the only one gullible enough to wear a costume. I quickly through on a sombrero, a pancho and my sweet 'ol mustache to be a bandito so that Stephanie wouldn't feel awkward in her outfit from 1980.

We had a slew of people show up, including the people in the pictures, but limited to them. We hung out in the kitchen until there was no more room, and then we moved to the living room, until that got full too. We split things up and got a giant game of uno going along with Halo in the family room.
Megan, Steph, Katie and TiffIMG_0219
It was just a ton of laughing, mocking and pointing out how Reagan looked like a homeless person in a nice outfit.
ShinnHomeless Reagan and Cowgirl Tiff
Jason has a theory that he can't take a picture with just one other man without it having gay overtones. I think the picture below proves his point.
Dave and JasonCathie, Jess and Em
We lost some people somwhere before this shot was taken, but it's a big 'ol happy group.
The Shinn Crew

You can see the rest of the pictures here in Picasa.

No comments: