Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it Snow

We got a boatload of snow last night. Thankfully, I got a snow-blower, which was a tough decision. My Dad grew up on a farm with a farmer's worth ethic. His motto was, "Why would I need snow blower when I have three boys and a daughter who doesn't help much around the house?" Until now, I've lived the same motto, shoveling my driveway, even though I only have one son.

My wife explained that it seemed that everytime I traveled in the winter, it would snow and she would be stuck shoveling the driveway. My wife also tends to have a bad memory. This fall, I broke down and bought a snow-blower. Used. From Jeff's neighbor for $75. With today's snowfall, I was pretty happy with my decision.

3 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

I use a Yooper Scooper (http://www.silverbear.biz/index.html) and 3 sons to do my shoveling faster than my neighbor with the snowblower.

Of course, the Yooper Scooper is about the same price as your used snowblower.

Unknown said...

I saw a neighbor using one of those things and figured that it's either genius or the equivalent of an electric lawn mower.

Noel Heikkinen said...

I vote "genius." Come on over and I'll let you use it on my driveway.