Friday, December 19, 2008

Northwest Status & Job Stuff

I'm at the end of my travel year and as I'd mentioned earlier I'm still short on my NWA elite status tier by about 6,000 miles and 7 segments. I wrote Northwest a letter (which you can read here) looking for an exception. We'll see how that goes.

At the end of my life, I'm pretty sure Jesus is going to ask me this question: "Dave - about all that effort you put into your frequent flyer status: Still happy with that decision?"

This ended up being one of my slowest travel years in a long time, which I enjoyed. I talked earlier about my job change and where I stood with it. My new job will get me back to traveling full force.

I had a good heart to heart with my company's senior management that made me feel pretty good about how I'm being valued and where I'm going with the organization. As I've gotten to know my boss, I'm starting to get more and more excited about this year. I was able to negotiate getting a friend of mine that I'd hired 3 or 4 years ago back working for me, which is nice as well. I'm trying to take time off over the next couple of weeks during the holidays because I know things will be nuts starting in January. We've got a kick-off in Vegas, which should be a great time. I haven't been there since Willapalooza.

3 comments:

Dan said...

As a current Platinum Member, I vote no.

Also, did you really use 13 different size and types of font in your letter to NWA or did google docs do a bad job?

Unknown said...

"speicifically" (Paragraph 2)

I may have 12 toes, but I know that's not how you spell specifically.

Unknown said...

I feel like speel check really let me down.