Saturday, December 27, 2008

Penn Gillette would tackle you if a bus were coming



I've always been a big fan of the magic/comedy of Penn and Teller. I saw that at MSU a while back and I've always loved their show Bull#$#t on TV. I found this video from Penn Gillette's blog interesting. He tells the story of a guy from the audience who talked to him for a bit and then handed him a bible. Penn is a pretty outspoken Atheist but there's a lot I can learn from him about sharing my faith. These are some excerpts that struck me. It's worth watching:

How much do you have to hate someone to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? If I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that if there is a truck coming at you and you didn't believe it, there's a certain point that I tackle you. And this is more important than that. This guy was polite, and honest and sane and he cared enough about me to give me a bible. I know that there is no God and one polite person living his life right doesn't change that. I'll tell you, he was a very, very, very good man and that's important. With that kind of goodness, it's ok to have that deep of a disagreement.

No comments: