Friday, February 20, 2009

My Apple Store Run and 3 seconds of fame

Apple Store in Manhattan
I figured out Monday night that I'd forgotten my laptop power supply. I went online and saw that the apple store in manhattan is open 24 hours, which amazed me. The apple store is this amazing cube on top and giant store underneath.

photo
I figured I could hold off until Tuesday morning, so I got up and ran over to Central Park and then the Apple Store, less than a mile away. It's cool to walk around Manhattan with everything going on. There are a million people and a million cabs, all in their own world, all with their own stories. Just walking around there you feel connected to something larger, a part of this weird energy that makes it New York.

On my way back, I walked by Good Morning America where people were crowded, apparently Maddie's favorite group (slowly waning as her favorite), the Jonas Brothers had played that morning. I kept going past the Today Show where they were getting ready to tape a live outdoor segment.
Today Show
I stood around the gate as the camera panned, waving, like "that guy" as I watched myself in the live feed they were showing of the Today Show. I was on TV for at least 3 seconds.
Today Show
You can see Matt Lauer and whoever else is on the show in this picture as they're taping. The crowds were thin, as they were everywhere in New York City. My hotel, the Times square doubletree, which I've had cost as much as $450, was $135. Things are cheaper everywhere in NY.

No comments: