Friday, February 20, 2009

Buy this Disc


You gotta check out this CD. First, it's a really great disc. Buy it. Worst case, you hate it and help support the adoption of a baby from Ethiopia. I ordered it because I like Phil and his singing, but had no idea about the disc. For all I knew, it could have been him reciting dirty limericks to the music of the chicken dance, or him doing spoken word about his dream of buying an RV and touring America with Screech from Saved by the Bell. I've listened to it 4 times and really like it. I have no great music review, because I am devoid of that kind of original thought.

When I bought my copy, I requested it to be personalized, which Phil did with the following inscription: "To Super Dave, may all your dreams come true".

We've had the Phil Wing band as the worship band at Velocity over the past two years, which is where I've gotten to know them. Aside from sharing my love of gold bond medicated powder and having a band member (Joe) with 12 toes, the band is great musically, their great to hang out with (one of the few bands that actually hang with the kids and leadres at the camp they're working at) and have this deep love of God that leaks out of their pores (this is a good thing, not a weird skin condition).

If you check the Phil Wing media site, you can see this amazing picture of me, and Joe and his 12 toes. This is probably the best possible part of the web site. Oh yeah, you can listen to the album there too.

My bro/sis-in-law Ed & Stacy happen to live about two miles from the church Phil works at. If Phil's church did door-to-door Jehovah's witness stuff, I'd sign them up for an early morning visit, like someone signed me up recently. Maybe I can ask Phil and his band to show up on their doorstep like a Mariachi band, playing early Sunday morning. The whole, "If you can't bring the mohammad to the mountain, bring the mountain to mohammad" kind of thing. (I actually have no idea what that saying means).

No comments: