Monday, March 02, 2009

Junie B. Jones


Em had "Dress like your favorite book character" day at school today. I'm pretty sure she didn't remember until this morning, at which point Cathie and Em quickly threw together an outfit based on Junie B. Jones, the main character in a series of books by Barbara Park.

Cathie and I started reading these to the girls when they were little, and I'm not sure who enjoyed them more. Junie B ("The B stands for Beatrice, except I just like B and that's all") is pretty irreverent and occasionally rude, but cracks me up. She's probably all that's wrong with America, but I think we laugh as hard as the girls as we would read these stories to them .

On a side note, I've been reading the Amelia Bedelia books to Emily at bedtime. I remember my Mom reading these to me as a kid, but I'd forgotten just how dumb Amelia is. Emily and I have decided that she's actually dumber than our dog Lola. Amelia's one saving grace is her savant like cooking skills, which even after ruining everything, saves the day and keeps her off the streets selling crack.

No comments: