Monday, March 02, 2009

This Weekend

photoDave Running
We had a fun semi-busy weekend. On Friday night Mark, Brad, Bob, Eli and I got together to play cards over at Bobs. Brad won for the first time ever, and Eli and I won bubkus. Rarely happens. Normally I end up winning and Eli comes in second place.

On Saturday I felt like a sloth, so I figured I'd go for a run. I looked outside and it looked warm and sunny. I was wrong. I froze and dragged my but around.

The Maddie Clowns
On Friday night Em spent the night with a friend, and on Saturday night Maddie K spent the night at our house. At some point they had this whole make-up gone wrong thing happen. They followed it up by setting up a carnival in the basement. I found this amusing after talking with my step-brothers Mark and Michael, both of whom are carnies. It sounded intriguing enough that I'd love to go hang with them for a day at a carnival. They claimed they don't know any carni tricks like pick-pocketing or guessing weight, but I figured there's still a lot they can teach me.
photophoto
On Sunday we went over to the Niemi's for a small surprise party for Matt. Matt showed up early and ruined the surprise. I got him the wonderful hat he's wearing, along with a whole collection of "turning 40" gifts, including a candy dish with nasty mints, a loofa, a ceramic cat and other stuff that old people love.



No comments: