Friday, July 31, 2009

Kid Rock Concert at Comerica Park

IMG_0002
Cathie and I woke up a couple of weeks ago and decided we'd go see Kid Rock at Comerica Park. He's on the list of people I've really wanted to see for a long time. I've crossed Bob Seger, Roger Waters and Kid Rock off the list. Only group left right now are the Foo Fighters on my list, but I'm sure there will be more...

We ended up getting great seats from a ticket scalper. More than half the seats (entire field) were general admission, which we DIDN'T want, so we got the beats seats there were, 8 rows up from the field.
IMG_0005
We sat around a good group of people, people watching for the first couple of hours waiting for the show to start and watching Alice in Chains playing. I was surprised how many songs I knew of theirs. This guy was by far our favorite:

Kid Rock started the with "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. When it got to "Just a city boy - born and raised in South Detroit" - he came out singing:


It was a truly amazing show. He played a bunch of cover songs through the show, going all over from the different styles: Rolling Stones 'Tumbling Dice', Sly and the Family Stones 'Everyday People', Dukes of Hazard Theme Song, Drift Away by Dobie Gray (with a montage of pictures of his musical heroes that have died over the years), Jackson 5's 'ABC', Cat Scratch Fever and then finished with Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA.
IMG_0025
Cathie and I had such a blast together. Part of it was that it was just her and I spending time together, partly that we had such low expectations. There were so many funny things going on around us through the show and people watching that we still laugh about. I love the fact that I'm married to a woman who would go at the last minute to a Kid Rock show and stay on her feet the entire time.



No comments: