Friday, May 09, 2003

At the gym this morning, I was thinking about some of the ideas and images I have locked in my brain and how they need to be transformed. I started thinking about this when there was a very hot woman wearing a very tight outfit. My brain's instinct was to keep looking, partly because of the ideas and images I've planted in my brain about women over the years. Before, I would just try really, really, really hard not to look, and then feel bad when I failed. That's not all bad, but I'm coming to learn that it'll never work in and of itself.

I think I need to begin learning how to change the ideas I have in this area to align more with the Kingdom of God, so that I can look at a woman the way God looks at them - at a heart level. I don't think there's anything wrong with looking at a woman and thinking - "Wow! She's beautiful". It's when it goes beyond that. One of the ways I want to change those idea patterns is by injecting God's word into my brain in order to let light shine in dark areas. Brad and I are working on memorizing a few bible passages, we're starting with Romans 5:1-8, then Romans 8:1-15, 1 Corinthians 13 and Colossians 3:1-17. Secondly, I need to be careful on what I'm putting in my brain in terms of images and ideas to make sure that I'm not fighting a losing battle. That's my vision, anyways.

No comments: