Saturday, January 12, 2008

Riley

Nate and RileyWe got our dog Riley when Nate was around 6 months old and they've always been best friends. When Nate was going through his biting phase, Riley got the brunt of it (see picture). When Nate learned to walk, he did it by grabbing Riley's hair and pulling himself up. Her reaction was always to lick their face and get them to let go.

Nate's also been the one lately to load Riley up with dog treats for no real reason. She's got Nate trained to the point where she can sit in front of him, bark, and he'll go get her a dog biscuit.

Last night around 10:30 we heard Riley barking and couldn't figure out why. We went upstairs and found Riley sitting next to Nate's bed with her head about a foot from Nate's, barking. Apparently she doesn't know that Nate's not trained to get her treats when he's sleeping. Nate slept, Riley kept barking.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Lol! That's hilarious!! :D

Jon said...

When I saw the title of your blog entry I figured Riley had died, since this is the only time you have ever mentioned you own a dog. With you it always seems to be about your cat.

Ken said...

I first thought Riley died too...

Jon said...

I would like to clarify that unlike Ken, I don't want Riley dead.

Sarah said...

I have to admit that I thought that Riley had died, too.

Unknown said...

I had a bunch of people tell me the same thing yesterday....

Rays Family said...

I thought the same thing last night when I didn't see Riley at the party. Glad to hear she's fine.

Great party for Jason & Jess.



Anne

Sooze said...

Phew. I thought she had died too.

Just promise me you won't let her live as long as Jessie. It's not a contest to see whose dog can live longer.